50 Sweet and Salty 100-Calorie Snacks
March 7, 2013 4 Comments
Need something but don’t want to totally blow it? Here are 50 sweet and salty snack ideas adapted from and added to a list on Greatist.com. These little minis just might take the edge off until the next meal.
- Larabar or Pure Energy Organic bar of choice: Half the bar, or 1 Larabar mini-bar
- Grapes: 1 cup, fresh or frozen. Freezing makes you eat them more slowly
- Chocolate Banana: 1/2 frozen banana dipped in 1 square melted dark chocolate
- Latte Love: 8 ounces steamed vanilla almond milk with 1 shot espresso
- PB Apple: 1 small organic gala apple, sliced and dipped in 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- Shredded Frosted Mini Wheats: 20 of ’em
- Barbara’s Cinnamon Puffins cereal: 50 (a little less than 1 cup)
- Mini PB&F: One fig newton with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Spiced Orange: One orange— about the size of a tennis ball— sprinkled with cinnamon
- Grilled Pineapple: 2 ¼-inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup), grilled (or sautéed) for two minutes or until golden
- Berries n’ Cream: 1 cup blueberries with 2 tablespoons non-dairy whipped topping
- Oats n’ Berries: ⅓ cup rolled oats (cooked with water), topped with cinnamon and ¼ cup fresh berries
- Dark Chocolate: One block, or three squares
- Chocolate Chia Pudding: 1/2 serving
- Nut-Stuffed Date: One Medjool Date filled with one teaspoon natural unsalted almond butter
- Cinnamon Applesauce: 1 cup unsweetened
- Grapefruit: 1 large, sprinkled with Truvia if needed
- Milk n’ Cookies: 6 animal crackers with ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- Shamrock Smoothie: 1 cup
- Jelly Beans: 25 of ‘em! Although reserved only for the worst sugar-craving moments
- Apple Chips: ¾ cup
- PB Graham: 1 large graham cracker smeared with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Just Mango: 1 oz dried mango snack bag from Just Tomatoes, etc!
- Clementines: THREE!
- Strawberries: 25 medium ones, sliced & sprinkled with Truvia for extra sweetness
- Trader Joe’s Mesquite Smoked Seasoned Almonds: 15
- Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.
- Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25
- “Cheesy” Breaded Tomatoes: 3 roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato cooked for 6 minutes in the microwave, mashed with 1 teaspoon curry powder, & a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- “Cheesy” Popcorn: 2 cups air-popped popcorn with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast— tastes like real cheese!
- Soy Edamame: 1/2 cup boiled Edamame with 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dijon Pretzels: 2 ½ pretzel rods with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kale Chips: 1 cup raw kale— stems removed— baked with 1 teaspoon olive oil at 400° until crisp
- Sweet Potato Fries: 1 medium sweet potato sliced, sprinkled with 1 tsp olive oil, & baked at 400° for 10 minutes
- Cucumber Sandwich: ½ English muffin with 2 tablespoons olive hummus & three slices of cucumber
- Mixed Olives: About 8
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) & baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with kosher salt
- Balsamic Veggies: 3 cups raw peppers (any color!) dipped in 2 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Cucumber Salad: One large cucumber (sliced) with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- Crunchy Raw Kale Salad: 1 cup kale leaves chopped with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- TJ’s Roasted Seaweed Snack: 1 1/2 packages!
- Chick Pea Salad: 1/3 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) with 1 tablespoon sliced scallions, a squeeze of lemon juice, and ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- Grilled Garlic Corn on the Cob: One small-sized ear brushed with 1 teaspoon sautéed minced garlic & 1 teaspoon olive oil, grilled until tender
- Chips n’ Salsa: 10 baked tortilla chips with ¼ cup salsa
- PB & Celery: 1 medium celery stalk with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Rice Cake & Almond Butter: 1 lightly salted rice cake with 2 teaspoons almond butter
- Old Bay Beans: 1/3 cup chick peas baked for 10 minutes at 350° with Old Bay Seasoning
- Goddess Veggies: Countless raw veggies dipped in 2 tablespoons Goddess Dressing
- Popchips: 1 snack-size bag of the plain potato variety
Cheers until the next feeding!